Requesting prior year W-2 forms

Current Employees

Current employees of the University should access their W-2 forms through Employee Self-Service.

Prior Employees

Ex-UVA employees can access their W-2 forms through Employee Self-Service for 13 months after leaving employment. For assistance with accessing Self-Service, call the HR Service Center at 434-982-0123.

Ex-UVA employees who need of a prior year W-2 can request a copy by emailing

  • The email must be sent from the employee’s personal email account and include the employee’s full name, the last 4 digits of the Social Security number, and the year(s) for which the W-2 forms are needed
  • The email request must include the current address to which the paper form should be mailed
  • Requests will be processed within one week of receipt of the request