Requesting prior year W-2 forms
Current employees of the University should access their W-2 forms through Employee Self-Service.
Ex-UVA employees can access their W-2 forms through Employee Self-Service for 13 months after leaving employment. For assistance with accessing Self-Service, call the HR Service Center at 434-982-0123.
Ex-UVA employees who need of a prior year W-2 can request a copy by emailing email@example.com.
- The email must be sent from the employee’s personal email account and include the employee’s full name, the last 4 digits of the Social Security number, and the year(s) for which the W-2 forms are needed
- The email request must include the current address to which the paper form should be mailed
- Requests will be processed within one week of receipt of the request
- HRMS/Payroll System Availability
- Payroll Calendars
- Employment and Salary Verification
- Fringe Rates
- Online W-2 Information
- Understanding your Forms W-2 and 1042-S
- Payroll Forms
- Payroll Policies and Procedures
- Self Service Time & Leave
- Timekeeping Tools