An effective and consistent offboarding procedure for exiting employees is essential for protecting interests of both the employee and the University.
For the Manager/Supervisor, the offboarding procedure will:
- Protect the physical and intellectual property of the University
- Ensure compliance with security and access issues with exiting employees
- Assist with the transfer of the position to subsequent employees through completion of the Knowledge Transfer Template
For the Employee, the offboarding procedure will:
- Provide information to employees upon their departure
- Provide an opportunity to wrap up their projects
- Provide knowledge of retirement, benefits, final payment procedures, etc.
- Provide a sense of closure to the employee
The offboarding procedure should be completed as follows:
- The manager/supervisor accesses the offboarding tools upon notification that an employee is leaving.
- The manager/supervisor and the employee complete the:
- The manager/supervisor and the employee sign the offboarding checklist.
- The manager/supervisor ensures the completed offboading checklist is scanned to the personnel file through the Document Imaging System or, if scanning is not feasible, retained in the department.
Please contact Logan Hobbs at 434-924-1377 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions regarding the Offboarding Process.
- HR Consulting Services