Discounts to Special Events
Posted: September 6, 2011
Interested in seeing U.Va. athletes in action, catching a show at the JPJ, or a play at one of UVa's theaters? A reminder about great discounts available to our staff and faculty, including the Virginia Film Festival!
- Discounts to Events at John Paul Jones Arena
- Discounts to Theater Performances and the Virginia Film Festival
- Discounts to Athletic Events
Discounts to Events at John Paul Jones Arena
University Human Resources is thrilled to partner with John Paul Jones Arena to offer a continued benefit to faculty and staff: discounts to selected shows and events at the Arena. Faculty and staff who go on-line or call to purchase tickets can use the promotional code "ONGROUNDS" to get discounts for selected shows like Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus and other family shows. There are a number of announcements coming soon, and more shows with discounts will be added as they are announced. You can also get the discount by showing your University ID when purchasing tickets at the Arena.
Getting the discount is easy! Simply visit the discount flyer to see which shows are eligible. This flyer will be updated periodically with the latest offerings. You can go straight from the flyer to the online ticket center by choosing "Buy Tickets Now," calling 1.888.JPJ.TIXS to buy over the phone, or visiting the ticket window in person.
Please keep in mind that John Paul Jones Arena has generously negotiated the discount whenever possible, but the discount only applies to certain shows and selected seating sections. Discounts cannot be applied retroactively. Students also are eligible for the discount.
We are grateful to everyone at the John Paul Jones Arena for their hard work in preparing this benefit for our staff, faculty and students, and look forward to working with them in offering this valuable discount.
Discounts to Theater and Film
The UVa Department of Drama, Heritage Theatre Festival, and Virginia Film Festival offer great discount ticket opportunities available for UVa staff and faculty. For information on each arts organizations' discounts, visit their websites directly. Tickets may be purchased online, by phone at 434.924.3376 or in person through the UVa Arts Box Office, in the lobby of the Drama Building at 109 Culbreth Road. The Arts Box Office is open for phone and in-person sales Monday through Friday from 12 pm to 5 pm.
Discounts to Athletic Events
Athletics has some great discount ticket opportunities available for U.Va. staff and faculty. Below is a list of the current offers.
Tickets may be purchased online. All per ticket and order fees apply to all online and telephone orders. Tickets may also be purchased in-person at the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in Bryant Hall or by calling 1.800.542.UVA1. Additional fees do not apply when tickets are purchased in-person.
Football season tickets are available for faculty and staff to purchase starting at $89 for the remaining six home games. Season tickets are available in other areas of Scott Stadium for the U.Va. faculty and staff price of $104, $126, and $190. There is a limit of four discount tickets per faculty/staff member on the $89 tickets. The Wahoo three-game mini-package is also available for $110, $135, and $150 - this package includes games against Southern Miss (Sept. 24), NC State (Oct. 22), and Virginia Tech (Nov. 26).
Men's basketball season tickets are on sale now and start at $120 for U.Va. faculty and staff in upper level end zone areas. There will be 16 home games at John Paul Jones Arena this season. Season tickets for U.Va. faculty and staff cost $160, $256, and $324 in other areas of the arena. There is a limit of four discount tickets per faculty/staff member.
The Athletics Department is pleased to offer a payroll deduction program for Academic Division faculty and staff to assist in the purchase of Virginia men’s basketball season tickets. To take advantage of the payroll deduction program, UVa faculty and staff should call the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-542-UVA1 (8821). Faculty and staff will make a 25 percent down payment and the remainder will be deducted from paychecks in either three installments for those paid monthly or six installments for those paid bi-weekly beginning in November. Please read all the details at the end of this announcement.
Women's basketball season tickets are on sale now and are $45 for general admission seating and $50 for reserved seating for U.Va. faculty and staff (there is a limit of four discount tickets per full-time faculty/staff member). There are expected to be 17 home games at John Paul Jones Arena this season plus a home exhibition game.
Men's and Women's Soccer and Volleyball
U.Va. faculty and staff may purchase a general admission all-soccer season ticket (admission to all home men's and women's soccer games) for $30. Meanwhile, there is U.Va. faculty and staff pricing for volleyball season tickets. The volleyball season ticket price is $20 (there is a limit of two discount tickets per full-time faculty/staff member).
Baseball, Men's and Women's Lacrosse, Men's and Women's Soccer, and Volleyball Single Game Tickets
Faculty and staff are eligible to receive discounted single-game tickets for each of these sports. Please visit VirginiaSports.com/Tickets for more information.
Youth in grades eight and under are encouraged to join the athletics department's official kid’s club, Cavman's Crew. Membership is free and includes a free t-shirt, seven complimentary ticket coupons to home athletics events, and more! To register, visit www.cavmanscrew.com.
For more information on tickets to Virginia athletics events, please call 1.800.542.UVA1 or visit VirginiaSports.com.
2011 Men’s Basketball Season Ticket Payroll Deduction Plan Summary
University of Virginia Athletics, in partnership with University Human Resources (UHR), offers full-time UVa Academic Division faculty and staff a Payroll Deduction program to assist them in purchasing 2011-12 men’s basketball season tickets. This interest-free program will enable qualified University employees to spread out payments over three months (six two-week pay periods). All payments will be deducted automatically from the participating employee’s paycheck.
- Nine/10/11/12-month faculty will have their pay deducted in three equal installments from the Sept. 30, Nov. 1, and Dec. 1, 2011 paychecks.
- Teaching and general faculty paid monthly will have their pay deducted in three equal installments from the Sept. 30, Nov. 1, and Dec. 1 paychecks.
- Staff paid bi-weekly will have their pay deducted in six equal installments from the Sept. 30, Oct. 14, Oct. 28, Nov. 11, Nov. 25, and Dec. 9 paychecks.
- For individuals no longer employed by the University of Virginia before the completion of the Payroll Deduction period, the FULL REMAINING AMOUNT will be due and payable immediately upon their departure. Season tickets purchased via Virginia Athletics Payroll Deduction will be void until paid in full.
- In the event of bankruptcy, the employee understands and agrees that Virginia Athletics has the right to receive payment on any remaining debt resulting from participation in the payroll deduction program. The remaining debt will be secured as defined by federal bankruptcy law.
Criteria for Eligibility
The following conditions must be met for an individual to be eligible for the Virginia Football Season Tickets Payroll Deduction Program:
- The employee must be a nine, 10, 11 or 12-month ACADEMIC DIVISION full-time faculty or staff member with benefits, employed at UVa for a minimum of one year.
- A minimum purchase of $240.00 with a 25 percent deposit is required. The amount deducted cannot exceed $3,000.
- There are NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES on tickets purchased via payroll deduction.
- Tickets will become void during the season if payment is not made.