Become a UVA Temp
As a temp employee, you will receive opportunities to explore various employment possibilities and perform in a variety of assignments throughout UVA. It’s a great way for you to showcase your talents to the departments and learn more about working at the University. In some cases, it can result in the offer of a regular position, with a higher level of job security and benefits.
Benefits of Being a Temp
Working as a UVA Temp employee can lead to a meaningful and rewarding career at UVA. Employees who thrive are flexible, adaptable, dependable, and committed.
Career Advancement: We provide an entrance into UVA
Employer Services: We provide a quick and efficient hiring process; many jobs start almost immediately
Evaluation Opportunity: We ask you to give feedback about your department and employment experience
Connections with Colleagues: You work alongside supportive co-workers, many of whom served as temps themselves
Step 1: Create an online Temporary Employee Application.
- Choose Create Application, the fourth selection on the left-hand side of the page
- Then choose the second button for Temp Application, and click Go >> underneath the choices
- Create your application
Step 2: Search the Temporary Pool list of openings to find jobs of interest
- Click View to review the job requirements and other details
- Click on one of the Apply for This Position buttons, at the top and bottom of the descriptions (Posting Information), to go through the process of submitting your application
- UVA Temps reviews our pools regularly and will contact suitable candidates when we see a skill match with our open positions
- Feel free to apply for all positions that interest you
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.