UVA Health Plan
Employees may choose from three UVA Health Plan options (administered by Aetna): Choice, Value, and Basic Health. Access rate tables using the links below to compare costs for you and those your insurance covers, such as spouses and dependents. Take advantage of Ask Alex, a virtual counselor who can walk you through benefits decisions step by step.
Select your status to see premiums:
- Log in to the Aetna website
- Member Services: 1.800.987.9072
- Aetna’s Participating Provider Directory
- Health Plan Comparison: Find out more about how health plans compare.
Video: UVA Health Plan Terms & Concepts view full screen
Terms used in Benefits Enrollment information have you scratching your head? This quick video may help.
- FAMIS Virginia’s Affordable Health Care for Children: To see if you qualify for FAMIS, go to Cover Virginia and call 1.855.242.8282, Option 8 to apply. Here’s a schedule of FAMIS income limits.
Basic Health Option Eligibility
You must be eligible for UVA’s Health Savings Account program
View a list of IRS eligibility rules HSA Eligibility
If you are covered by another healthcare plan, it must be a high deductible health plan (HDHP)
You cannot be covered by any part of Medicare, Medicaid, or Tricare
J-1 visa holders must have the UVA Health Plan Choice Health option for medical insurance in 2018. Federal government regulations prohibit J-1 visa holders from enrolling in the Basic or Value Health options.
- Choice Health Schedule of Benefits
- Value Health Schedule of Benefits
- Basic Health Schedule of Benefits
- UVA Health Plan Summary Plan Description (SPD)
Out of Area Coverage Details (Schedules)
Additional Health Plan Info
- Women’s Preventive Care
- Preventive Care
- Aetna Informed Health Line
- Aetna Vision Discount
Summary of Material Modifications: Materials included on this page constitute a Summary of Material Modifications for UVA Health Plan changes effective Jan. 1, 2017.
Senior Professional Research Staff
- Annual Leave
- Benefits While on Leave
- Dental Plan
- Education Benefit Pilot - Extended Into 2018
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Prescription Program
- UVA Health Plan
- UVA Health Plan Ombudsman
- Health Savings Account
- Optional Retirement Plan (ORP)
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Long-Term Care
- 403(b) and 457 Savings Programs
- Workers’ Compensation
- Investment Lineup
- Policies & Procedures