If you are enrolled in the UVA Health Plan (Choice, Value, or Basic Health), you also receive prescription drug coverage, managed by OptumRx. We are no longer using AetnaRx for prescription coverage.
- OptumRx Member Services Department: 1.877.629.3123
Sign in to access these resources:
- Drug Pricing: Search for drug and coverage information, pharmacy pricing near you, and lower-cost options
- Drug List Tool: Allows you to search for specific medications to get information
You have the option to use the UVA Pharmacy; medication prices here are often less expensive for employees than at other pharmacies.
All specialty medications must be filled by UVA’s Specialty Pharmacy. If you had Basic Health and were covered by AentaRx in 2017, you may have medications that were not designated as specialty drugs on your past plan that are considered specialty drugs by OptumRx.
- UVA Pharmacy
- UVA Specialty Pharmacy: 1.800.251.3627
- Specialty Drug List: Resource to see if medications are identified as specialty drugs
- Preventive Prescription Coverage
- OptumRx Standard Formulary Booklet: List that identifies medications available for certain conditions and organizes them into cost levels, known as tiers
- OptumRx Formulary Exclusions
- Prior Authorization FAQ: Some medications (noted in the formulary) require a prior authorization before you are able to get them; getting your prior authorization, if required, will save you time at the pharmacy
- Quantity Limit List: Some prescription drugs (noted here and in the formulary) have a limit on how many you are able to get at one time
- Quantity Limit FAQ
- Step Therapy Program FAQ: For some medications (noted in the formulary), you may need to try out options in steps, starting with less expensive versions