How to Convert to University Staff Status

Autumn on the grounds

Eligible employees (Classified Staff and A&P Faculty) may choose University Staff status through Benefits@UVA at any time throughout the year.

Those who choose to convert to University Staff status will receive a prorated amount of University Staff Leave for the remainder of the leave year, based on years of service, and receive their full University Staff Leave allotment at the beginning of the next leave year.


If you have questions, call the HR Service Team at 434.982.0123 or email