Self-Service Time and Leave
Self-Service Time and Leave (SSTL) is UVA’s online system where employees report hours worked or leave taken. You will find SSTL in UVA Employee Self-Service, where you can also view payslips, change an address, print W-2 tax forms, and more.
The following types of employees are likely to use SSTL:
- Classified Staff
- University Staff
- Temp and Wage Employees
- Student Workers
Not all employees use SSTL. Consult an HR professional in your area to find out which method you should use to track your time.
- Some departments, such as Facilities Management, use their own time-capture systems
- Faculty and Research Associates who supervise staff use the system to approve leave, but not to track their own time
- If employees are expected to track their own time, schools and units must make a computer available to them during business hours
- HR offers classes in basic computer skills to help employees learn how to use a computer and navigate Self-Service
SSTL Updates and Notices
Important notices and timely information will be posted in this section. There are currently no active notices. Please check back frequently.
Enter Hours or Leave
Log in to Employee Self-Service and click UVA Employee Self-Service, then Time Entry to get to an online time sheet.
- Non-exempt Staff (eligible for overtime) record hours worked and leave taken
- Exempt Staff (not eligible for overtime) record leave taken
- Wage or Temp—including students—record hours worked
- Managers or supervisors use Manager Self-Service to see employment information for direct reports and approve time online rather than signing a paper time sheet
- you may also approve time through the email notifying that staff have submitted a timecard for review
- timecards will go to whomever is identified as the manager in the Integrated System
- Departments should continuously update their assignments, inactivate assignments, and correct managers for accuracy
- Timecard Submssion
- SSTL Timecard Error Messages
- Direct Deposit Instructions
- Employee Self-Service Tax Withholding Instructions
SSTL Online Training
Questions? Contact the HR Service Team at AskHR@virginia.edu or 434.982.0123