Execute the Moving Agreement
The Moving Agreement allows for a maximum amount that can be expended for the move. The maximum amount includes payments for purchase orders to the common carriers (professional, licensed movers), as well as the amount that can be paid directly to the employee. These amounts are established at the departmental level, except the amount reimbursed directly to the employee cannot exceed the limit established in the Moving and Relocation Policy.
Signing the Agreement
Once employees have accepted the offer of employment, the Moving Agreement is prepared for signature.
- Provide employees with the name and telephone number of the departmental contact who will personally assist them throughout the moving experience
- Make sure you have also included in the Moving Agreement the names and telephone numbers for all departmental UVA contacts involved in this process
- The Agreement is not valid until it has been signed by the Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer or designee
Sending the Agreement
The Moving Agreement should be signed and dated by the Departmental Head/Dean and the employee and then sent in one of the following ways:
- Scanned and sent as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
- Faxed to University Human Resources at 434.924.4042
Sent by messenger mail to the following address:
Moving and Relocation
University Human Resources
P.O. Box 400127
A copy of the final signed agreement will be faxed to the departmental contact named on the agreement.