A manager is someone who formally leads individual and collective efforts to accomplish shared University goals. Manager responsibilities include planning, directing, monitoring, and evaluating the work of one or more individuals.
The resources below will help managers with the performance management process and the Lead@UVA system.
Employees are not required to plan around UVA competencies in 2018, but may still use them as a tool.
- Writing SMART Goals
- SMART Goal Repository
- UVA Competencies and Behaviors
- University Leadership Characteristics
- Developing Employees- Questions to Ask During Career Conversations
Interim/Annual Performance Evaluation
- Practical Method for Formulating Feedback
- Coaching Employees - The Take 10 Check-In
- Talking with Employees - The Conversation Process
- Counseling Employees - The 2-Minute Challenge
- Evaluation Toolkit for Managers
- Conducting a Self-Evaluation
- Rating Scale
- Calibrating Performance
- Annual Evaluation Appeals Process
Performance Management Series - learn more about UVA’s performance management process through four short, self-paced online modules that provide a basic overview