Jobs@UVA is UVA’s online job application function, position description, and applicant tracking system. It is the official system that houses position descriptions at UVA.
Apply for an Opening
Applicants use Jobs@UVA from the Jobs tab above to
- search job openings at the University
- complete an online application or candidate profile, depending on the type of position you will apply for
- staff applications for staff positions that are Managerial and Administrative, Operational and Administrative, or for wage/hourly openings
- temp applications to be considered for temporary pool positions
- Candidate Profile for a University Executive Staff position
Post a Job
Managers, hiring officers, and departments/units use their administrative login to Jobs@UVA to
- create and post job descriptions
- modify job descriptions
- post notices of vacancies
- seek job applications
- hire new employees
Before posting a position, it must be reviewed by
- HR Consulting Services for University Staff positions that are Managerial and Professional and Operational and Administrative
- Office for Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights (EOCR) for University Executive Staff positions
Hire an Applicant
Non-Executive Staff Positions
Using Jobs@UVA, departments/units select a final candidate and recommend a salary (for Managerial and Professional and Operational and Administrative University Staff positions and wage jobs). HR Consulting Services reviews that salary and works with the department/unit represenatative to establish a salary that is competitive with the market and consistent with the policy Compensation Program for University Staff Employees (HRM-024).
Salaries are determined by the
- applicant’s educational background, experience, and job-related salary history
- type of position
- competitive market range for the job, the impact to current employees’ salaries in the department/unit and University
- availability of funding
HR Consulting Services will then officially extend an offer of employment to the final candidate on behalf of the University.
Only HR Consulting Services is authorized to make offers of employment for Managerial and Professional and Operational and Administrative University Staff positions and wage jobs, unless the department/unit has obtained a delegated hiring agreement with HR Consulting Services.
University Executive Staff Positions
- Departments/units select the final candidate and determine the salary directly in Jobs@UVA
- HR Consulting Services is available to provide salary market information and assistance in arriving at a final salary
- The employment offer is made directly by the hiring department/unit