Leonard W. Sandridge Outstanding Contribution Award
Do you know a staff member who has gone above and beyond to serve UVA and the surrounding community? Nominate them for the highest honor the University bestows upon employees. Anyone can submit a nomination, but we do not accept self-nominations.
- $1,000 award
- recognition at the Service Awards Dinner (Boar’s Head Inn, with remarks from President Teresa Sullivan)
- lunch with the Board of Visitors
- an engraved gift
- nomination for Governor’s Awards
Currently employed, salaried, and non-probationary
- University Staff
- Classified Staff
- Medical Center Staff
This program does not apply to faculty.
- Outstanding contribution to the overall mission, objectives, and values of the University
- These contributions have enhanced internal or public regard for the services provided by the University or Commonwealth
- Service has affected students, patients, other clients of the University, management, fellow employees, or the community
- March 24, 2017 - Deadline for nominations
- April 24, 2017 - Winners notified
- June 6, 2017 - Service Awards dinner (academic division winners)
- June 12, 2017 - Service Awards dinner (health system winners)
About Leonard W. Sandridge
This award is named in honor of Leonard W. Sandridge, who was an avid champion of UVA staff and who dedicated 44 years of service to the school. He joined the University in 1967 as internal audit staff and held a number of positions until he became executive vice president and chief operating officer in 1993.
This award’s yearly stipend is funded in perpetuity by Douglas W. DuPont.
- About Us
- Program Guide
- Hoo’s Well Resources
- Hoo’s Well Schedule
- Financial Wellness
- Physical Wellness
- MyActiveHealth Portal
- Social Wellness
- Spring Fitness Challenge FAQ