You, your spouse, and your adult dependents get special pricing on Weight Watchers. This weight-loss program helps you to form healthy eating habits, encourages exercise, and offers accountability. Purchase a monthly pass to attend any local or at-work (UVA on-site) meetings, even if you can only attend weigh-in. Alternatively, you can enroll in Weight Watchers OnlinePlus and follow the plan step by step entirely online using interactive tools and resources.
Discounted Monthly Price
- $38.22 for in person meetings + OnlinePlus (only $19.11 with reimbursement)
- $16.96 for OnlinePlus (only $8.48 with reimbursement)
- Weight Watchers Reward - you can become eligible for a 50% monthly reimbursement on these prices (see below)
- Programs schedule and guide - for meeting times and locations
- Weigh-in starts 15 minutes before listed meeting times
- New members should arrive at the start of weigh-in
- At-work meetings require a minimum of 15 participants to keep location and time
- If the UVA “at-work” meetings do not fit your schedule, you can attend in-person meetings at the Charlottesville Weight Watchers, located at 1820 Rio Hill Shopping Center.
- Visit the Weight Watchers website
- Employer ID: 60757
- Employer Passcode: WW60757
- Use this code to get the discounted UVA rate for Weight Watchers membership. If you sign up at the Charlottesville store location, be sure you’re receiving the discount for UVA (see rates above).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.866.204.2885. Please include your phone number, UVA email address, and a clear description of the issue in your email.
Have you changed your life with Weight Watchers? Want to help others do the same?
Weight Watchers is seeking Leaders and Receptionists in your area! Visit the Weight Watchers website
to learn more, see if you qualify, and apply online. Become a part of someone else’s journey - Join the Team! Flexible, part-time opportunities available.
Weight Watchers Reward
You and your spouse covered by the UVA Health Plan can each be reimbursed for 50% of the cost of the Weight Watchers service fees, directly into your paycheck (taxable). To earn this reward, you must
- complete three consecutive months of in-person meetings or OnlinePlus
- submit a Weight Watchers Reward Request Form and documentation to Hoo’s Well
- For documentation, go to Weight Watchers online and navigate to Account Settings > Account Status > Print Billing History. You can then print/scan or print screen.
Who’s eligible for a reward?
To be eligible, you must
- be an employee or spouse currently enrolled in the UVA Health Plan
- be employed and earning paycheck when reward is paid
- attend nine meetings in a 12-week period (unless using OnlinePlus)
Weight loss is not required to receive the reward.
Retirees, grant-funded post docs, and COBRA enrollees are not eligible to participate in the reward reimbursement, but may still use the UVA discount code for additional savings.
Does Weight Watchers participation qualify for reimbursement under my Medical Flexible Savings Account?
Weight Watchers may be a reimbursable expense for people who have been advised by their doctor that they are overweight or obese and need to lose weight. You need
- a doctor’s letter stating you are overweight or have an obesity-related disease (i.e. high blood pressure), and weight loss recommendation
- a record of your expenses (i.e. paid invoices or receipts)
If you receive reward payment, you may not be reimbursed for more than 50% under your FSA.
Can my Weight Watchers fees be payroll deducted?
No, fees must be paid directly for the program. Contact Weight Watchers to inquire about payment options, including credit card payment.
I have completed a three-month Weight Watchers program and am planning to sign up for a second three months. Can I receive a reward for the second three months?
Yes, you may receive a reward for each Weight Watchers cycle. You must complete participation requirements for each Weight Watchers cycle (three months in length). Refer to the Rewards Request Form for additional guidelines.
- Weight Watchers: 1.866.204.2885
- About Us
- Program Guide
- Hoo’s Well Resources
- Hoo’s Well Schedule
- Financial Wellness
- Physical Wellness
- MyActiveHealth Portal
- Social Wellness
- Spring Fitness Challenge FAQ