Exercise and Fitness
Onsite Fitness Classes at Work
Think and play outside the box! Would you like to have yoga, Zumba, tai chi, or another fitness class at your workplace? Hoo’s Well and IM-Rec Sports will bring a Drop-In Fitness class onsite to you and your colleagues.
- First three classes free, courtesy of Hoo’s Well
- A session requires at least six people and a space to accommodate the class
- Your division or department can have a free, private class at one of our fitness facilities
- To continue beyond three classes, make payment arrangements directly with IM-Rec
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a class
Burn some calories, boost your energy, and return to your work site all fired up.
- 6-week session
- consists of 15-minute walks
- All you need is a pair of good walking shoes to get your heart rate up, stretch your limbs, and strengthen your muscles.
Visit the Steps@UVA website to register and see other offerings
Exercise Physiology Core Lab (EPCL)
EPCL offers fitness and body composition services to the community. You will receive precise measurements (rather than indirect or estimated) that provide valuable information on your level of fitness.
- Improve your maximum performance or find baseline measures (EPCL video)
- Enhance your weight loss strategy
- Services include body composition analysis, resting metabolism measurements, and fitness tests (measuring maximal oxygen consumption/VO2 max) (EPCL employee discounts)
Exercising at the office
Use these resources to incorporate exercise into your daily work routine.
- Intramural-Recreational Sports (IM-Rec Sports) - FREE drop-in and registration fitness classes offered through Hoo’s Well each semester!
- Exclusive fitness discounts in the community
- Hoo’s Fit Walking trails and maps of UVA
The UVA Speed, Power, Endurance, Education, and Development (SPEED) Clinic combines modern technology with practical experience in sports to optimize athletic performance and heal or reduce the risk of injury.
- About Us
- Program Guide
- Hoo’s Well Resources
- Hoo’s Well Schedule
- Financial Wellness
- Physical Wellness
- MyActiveHealth Portal
- Social Wellness
- Fall Campaign FAQ