Leonard W. Sandridge Outstanding Contribution Award
The nomination period for the 2018 Outstanding Contribution Awards is now closed. Thank you so much to all who submitted nominations. Winners will be notified by April 23, and afterwards those who were nominated but not selected will also be notified.
- $1,000 award
- recognition at the Service Awards Dinner (Boar’s Head Inn, with remarks from President Teresa Sullivan)
- lunch with the Board of Visitors
- an engraved gift
- consideration for nomination for Governor’s Awards
Currently employed, salaried, and non-probationary
- University Staff
- Classified Staff
- Health System Staff
This program does not apply to faculty.
- Outstanding contribution to the overall mission, objectives, and values of the University
- These contributions have enhanced internal or public regard for the services provided by the University or Commonwealth
- Service has affected students, patients, other clients of the University, management, fellow employees, or the community
- March 23, 2018 - Deadline for nominations
- April 23, 2018 - Winners notified
- June 5, 2018 - Service Awards dinner (academic division winners)
- June 12, 2018 - Service Awards dinner (health system winners)
The 2017 Leonard W. Sandridge Outstanding Contribution Award winners are pictured above with Leonard Sandridge. From left to right, they are Jessica Wenger, Courtney Salaway (and baby Cole), Ruth Cowan, Terry Bennett, Stacey Rittenhouse, Leonard Sandridge, Kimberly Gregg, Dawn Shaver, Leslie Booren, and April Howell. Not pictured: John Carter and Daniel Stonesifer.
About Leonard W. Sandridge
This award is named in honor of Leonard W. Sandridge, who was an avid champion of UVA staff and who dedicated 44 years of service to the school. He joined the University in 1967 as internal audit staff and held a number of positions until he became executive vice president and chief operating officer in 1993.
This award’s yearly stipend is funded in perpetuity by Douglas W. DuPont.