Discoverer Toolkit - IS Finance and HR
Find the row(s) that match the employee’s job duties. Request the corresponding Responsibility(ies) in ESHARP and enroll in Training Learning Paths and/or classes.
|Discoverer Responsibility||Job Duty Description||Training|
|UVA ODS Specialist||Individuals have access to view financial data only.||Recommended for all ODS Responsibilities|
|UVA ODS Specialist-Limited||Individuals have access to view financial and a limited amount of HR data.||Recommended Course: see above|
|UVA ODS Specialist-Restricted||Individuals who have access to view financial and HR data.||Recommended Course: see above|
|UVA ODS Specialist-OLM||Individuals who have access to view enrollment information for the OLM (Learning Management) data.||Recommended Course: see above|
Workshops are instructor-led sessions during which participants may ask questions and get assistance with actual work. During the sessions, the instructors may also focus on common issues or new functionality. Completion of the Learning Path for the responsibility and access to the system is required prior to attending a workshop. You may find these workshops by entering “Workshop” in the search field when searching for a course.
The Discoverer Workshop is 3-hour workshop, spontaneous in that its materials are provided by you in the form of your own reports. The Integrated System’s reports team has created and tested hundreds of reports covering requirements for audit and effective management. However, If you need some data combination for which no report currently exists, bring your specific questions and existing reports to this workshop for collaboration with other experts. Attendees must have the active responsibility, UVA ODS Specialist, and at least 3 months practice using Discoverer Plus.
- Systems Training: For questions regarding training email firstname.lastname@example.org. For assistance with enrollment please contact the HR Service Center at (434) 982-0123.
Join the HR-Finance User Group community! This is the place for users of the Integrated System at UVa to find help and exchange ideas! Whether you are a new user or a subject matter expert (SME), this is a vibrant community where questions, answers, and discussions are welcomed and encouraged. To join the group:
- Go to “My Workspace” on UVa Collab. You will authenticate through NetBadge if you don’t already have an active NetBadge session open.
- Click “Membership” in the left column.
- Click “Joinable Sites” near the top.
- In the search box in the upper right, enter “HR-Finance” and click “Search”
- You’ll see HR-Finance User Group in the resulting Worksite list. Click “Join”
That’s it, five steps and you’re in!
- Annual Course Calendar 2015
- How to Enroll
- Orientation Programs
- Systems & Technical Training and Access
- Professional Development
- Personal Enrichment
- Leadership Consulting
- E-Learning through Skillsoft