UVA employees are subject to compliance directives and policies that impact daily work activities and guide employee participation in the University community.
Responsibility for regular management of compliance areas, by design, is spread throughout the University based on function and expertise. This decentralization of compliance responsibility can make it difficult for employees to both understand the range of compliance requirements that they are individually subject to and impacted by, and to locate the appropriate University resource or reference, explaining the issue and its compliance framework.
Use the left menu to learn about specific compliance issues that may affect you. We have also included links below to other compliance information that may be of interest.
UVA Compliance Offices
Federal Policies and Resources
Commonwealth of Virginia Policies and Resources
UVA Policies and Resources
Preventing Workplace Violence
- Preventing and Addressing Threats or Acts of Violence Policy
- Violence Prevention Training
- Not On Our Grounds: A University of Virginia Initiative to End Sexual Violence
- Sexual Violence Education & Resources
University Procurement and Research Conflict of Interest Disclosure Process
- University Conflict of Interests Policy
- Financial Conflicts of Interest for Research Investigators Policy
- Conflict of Interest Committee
- Procurement Conflict of Interest Disclosure letter
- Virginia State and Local Government Conflict of Interests Act (2.2-3100)
- Virginia Conflict of Interest and Ethics Advisory Council
Personal Information Protection and Access
Related Compliance Sites