Temp Employee Hiring Toolkit
U.Va. Temps provides cost-effective (fee structure) and qualified temporary personnel in a variety of occupations to departments across Grounds. A Temp Recruiter will assist your department in filling temporary employment needs when the following circumstances occur:
- Temporary absences of regular employees due to vacation, leaves or sudden departure.
- During the recruitment of vacant positions.
- When additional help is needed for special projects or during peak or seasonal time periods.
There are many reasons U.Va. Temps is a good option for your organization.
The process for hiring temporary personnel begins with a Temp Order Request in Jobs@UVa.
U.Va. Temps fills a variety of temporary positions to include but not limited to:
- Clerical – reception, clerical, financial/accounting, general office support
- Service – housekeeping, general labor, landscaping
- Technical – research, Information Technology, laboratory, animal care
- Skilled Trades – housekeeping, masonry, electrical, carpentry, plumbing
- Other – marketing, editorial, web design, etc.
When you no longer need the services of your temp employee, communicating the end date in advance is always appreciated. A temp recruiter will be happy to call the temp employee if a supervisor cannot do so.
Call or email Temp Services when the temp employee should be terminated in Oracle.
For Questions Please Contact U.Va. Temps:
Kyle Massey, Temp Recruiter
University Human Resources
University of Virginia
914 Emmet Street
P.O. Box 400127