An effective and consistent offboarding procedure for exiting employees is essential to protect the interests of both the employee and the University.
Benefits of Offboarding
Managers/Supervisors: Offboarding will
- protect the physical and intellectual property of the University
- ensure compliance with security and access issues with exiting employees
- assist with the transfer of the position to subsequent employees through completion of the Knowledge Transfer Template
Employees: Offboarding will provide
- information to employees upon their departure
- an opportunity to wrap up their projects
- knowledge of retirement, benefits, final payment procedures, etc.
- a sense of closure to the employee
- Manager or supervisor accesses the offboarding tools upon notification that an employee is leaving
- Manager/supervisor and employee complete and sign the
- Manager/supervisor ensures the completed offboading checklist is scanned to the personnel file through the Document Imaging System or, if scanning is not feasible, retained in the department
- HR Professionals