Disability Insurance is provided through UNUM and enrollment is automatic for all Housestaff.
- The benefit provides 70% income replacement up to $8,000 per month
- Income replacement continues as long as you cannot perform the material duties of your own occupation (your medical specialty) to age 65
- The disability benefit is entirely employer-paid
- Benefits begin on the date full-time active employment begins
- Coverage ends on the date full-time active employment ends
- There is an elimination period of 90 days and an exclusion period of five days for pre-existing conditions
- There are limited conversion rights as long as an application is made within 31 days of termination