Guidelines for Converting from Classified Staff, University Staff, and Salaried Research Assistants
This policy describes the general guidelines that will impact the benefits package when a classified employee, University staff, salaried research assistant converts into a Administrative & Professional Faculty position on a non-competitive basis:
- General guidelines on payout of sick leave
An employee who has five or more years of service and exercises the option to convert from a classified staff position to a Administrative & Professional faculty position will be eligible to be paid up to 25% of their accrued sick leave to a maximum cap of $5000.
- General guidelines on payout of annual, compensatory, compensatory special, recognition, and overtime leave
When a classified employee, University staff, or salaried research assistant converts to an Administrative & Professional faculty position there will be no payout of annual, compensatory, compensatory special, recognition, or overtime leave balances. The employee will be required to either use the leave before being converted or lose this leave.
- Impact to Retirement & Life Insurance Programs
Individuals that convert from a classified salaried, University staff, or salaried research assistant position into an Administrative & Professional faculty position will be eligible to participate in the faculty retirement plan and participation in the faculty life and disability program. It is possible, however, that a transfer to these plans may not be financially prudent for some individuals. The Faculty & Staff Benefits division should be consulted before any final decision is made by a staff member regarding their retirement and life insurance plan.
- Policies & Procedures
- Compensation/Classification Policies and Procedures
- Compliance and Immigration Policies and Procedures
- Education Benefits Policies and Procedures
- Employment and Staffing Policies and Procedures
- Employee Relations Policies and Procedures
- Leave Policies and Procedures
- Executive Orders
- Payroll Policies and Procedures
- Employee Self Service
- Systems & Technical Training and Access